Home Instead Senior Care Perspectives

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sometimes favorite foods have a great story that makes the dish all the more delicious. It’s that way with Betty’s corn pudding, which she entered in the Homemade Memories Recipe Contest. The corn pudding is a favorite because her mother-in-law and father-in-law always had a garden in the country and would grow the corn, shuck it and deliver plenty to freeze.
Please share your story that will passed along to the next generation.  Be it a memory, or a favorite recipe.  I know for me personally it will be my Gram's molasses cookie recipe.  I was fortunate enough to snag the beat up old round tin that she used to bring them over in when we were helping her downsize.  Memories that will forever be rooted in my heart.  Share your stories here on on the Homemade Memories Facebook page.  You can also visit the Craving CompanionshipSM website at www.mealsandcompanionship.com for more ways to keep those memories alive.
"Now this recipe is special to my grandchildren as they always request that I make it when they come over for special occasions such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. I always think of my father-in-law, how he used to work so hard to provide fresh vegetables for all his children. He is greatly missed." 

No comments:

Post a Comment